Minimize federal income tax liability: There are several ways we can recommend to reduce your taxes
- Taxable income reduction through income deferral or shifting
- Deduction planning
- Charitable gifting strategies
- Year-end planning strategies
- Coordinating withdrawals from after-tax accounts, social security, Roth IRA's and pre-tax IRA's to stay in lower tax brackets.
Minimize taxes on investments:
You can minimize the amount of taxes you have to pay on an ongoing basis. This process requires year-round planning, and it begins with an in-depth understanding of the tax implications from various investments and investment strategies. The strategies we employ include:
- Realizing investment losses to offset gains
- Tax-exempt investments
- Emphasizing qualified dividends
- Asset location strategies (Investments that generate high ordinary income may be placed in IRA accounts)
- Tax-deferred investing
- Use of tax-managed investments
- Withdrawal strategies encompassing, pre-tax accounts, taxable accounts and Roth accounts.
Gift, Estate, Income, and Inheritance Taxes:
Gifting assets before or after death may have important federal and state tax implications. Understanding and employing smart investment strategies will help you minimize the overall tax burden while maximizing your gifts.
Life event planning:
By anticipating the impact of significant events on your life, as well as on the stages of your overall investment plan, you can properly prepare for challenges and opportunities as they arise.
Many decisions you make as a business owner will be tax-based. From business formation, its possible sale, choice of business entity, how profits are paid to the owners and your accounting decisions will all affect on your tax liability.
Envision Financial Planning does not provide legal or tax advice. You should consult a legal or tax professional regarding your individual situation.